Monday 24 February 2014

Shilparamam- An ethnic village in a Hitech City






My dad and brother paid a surprise visit to our home last summer when my brother had just finished his secondary school exams. My son was reluctant to go to his play school on that day, at the sight of his maternal uncle. I had to agree for that and we planned to spend that day out. But my lovely hubby as usual had to go to his office, since it being a working day. Finally we decided to visit Shilparamam, which is located just opposite CyberTowers, in Hyderabad, India. It was just a few km from our home and also on the way to my hubby's office. My husband dropped all of us- my dad, bro, son and me at the entrance and wished us a good day out, and proceeded to his office.

Shilparamam is a ethnic village which replicates the traditional Andhra village culture and life style. As one steps in, the cool breeze and the neat corridors welcomes them and takes them into a village mood. Many handmade pottery items, sculptures, idols, models etc are showcased here which depict the true village culture of Telugu people. It consists of rural museum, rock garden, boating, art gallery and sculpture park. 

Shoppers find lots and lots of items to shop on. You can spend more than a half day just in shopping hundreds of traditional dresses, ladies accessories, temporary tattoos, hand bags, jewellery, dresses and many more. Handicrafts and traditional Hyderabadi pearls are also available in plenty here. A canteen serves many snack options including variety of Indian menu ,fruits and juices.


Though I had filled my album with the pics from this ethnic place, I am sharing only a few of them here. Rest you come and see with your own eyes and enjoy this village beauty.


Replicate of an Indian farmer with his bulls

A model of village house with a well in front of it and farmer with his bulls

An art from the Art gallery, showing a dance form of village women of Andhra

My dad and son  at the pottery area

Farmer at work- Sculpture

Wife and husband doing field work together- Sculpture

Replicate of a village woman drawing water from a well

Sculpture of Lord Buddha sitting on a lotus at the Rock garden

Scorpion replicates made out of metallic waste

A model showing a potter  family with their  works around

Mother's love - pottery work

A crow made of metallic waste

A model view of traditional Andhra village during festivals

A model showing a village man cutting wood

A village lady at kitchen work

My son playing with the horse and elephant made of clay

P.S:  In the evening, till my husband returned from office came and picked us,we all didn't know how the time passed that day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment